What a Whey to start the day! This is the nootropic smoothie recipe to kick start your day, week or year! We haven’t recommended vegan proteins in this plan because they are not as bioavailable as animal sourced proteins. Whey protein includes dairy. If you are dairy intolerant, then we recommend a plant based protein powder from purition or nuzest.
If coffee isn’t your cup of tea, this is deliciously made with black tea instead–especially a chai blend–but also works with mate and green tea.
We’ve added Lions Mane to help increase your BDNF and Acai berry powder for additional Vitamin C.
BDNF stands for Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor, a protein that stimulates new brain cell production and neuro-plasticity, as well as nerve support and memory. Up-regulate your BDNF production with this efficacious addition to your health optimisation regime!
Other ways to boost your BDNF include fasting, high intensity interval training, cross body exercises (such as dancing and animal moves), juggling as well as learning new languages and new skills.
- freshly brewed black coffee or tea
- 2 scoops whey protein powder (we recommend primal alchemy or purition or
perfect keto nuzest protein powder)
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- a pinch of chili flakes or a pinch of cayenne
- pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon acai berry powder
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- stevia (if you have a sweet tooth)
- a pinch of Lions Mane extract to make this
- a brain powering smoothie (Lions Mane supports nerve)
- a pinch of mineral salt
- 2 tbsp of your zooki mct oil
- Brew your coffee or tea
- Pour the unsweetened almond milk into a blender and add in all the dry ingredients.
- Allow the coffee or tea to cool slightly and pour into the blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend and serve!
Lions Mane is a brain boosting nootropic mushroom extract that is completely legal. It is also known to possibly protect against cancer, support heart, circulatory system health and reduce inflammation.