One of our favourite recipes from the guide is the Salmon Coconut Curry. It is incredibly flavoursome, satiating and truly satisfying. Be warned..this keto curry recipe comes with a kick!
- 2 wild salmon fillets, skin on
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch of ginger, chopped or grated
- 1 inch of turmeric root, chopped or grated
- 1 small onion
- a pinch of chili
- 2 tbsps coconut oil or ghee
- for frying 1 tbsp mild garam masala spices
- 1 tin of full fat coconut cream
- 1 tsp bouillon or kallo
- cauliflower rice
- salt & pepper juice of a lemon for garnishing
- torn coriander leaves to garnish
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan and gently fry the onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric for 8 minutes on medium heat while stirring gently.
- Once the onion has softened and is golden brown, add the garam masala powder and chili and fry for a further ve minutes.
- Slightly increase the heat and place the salmon (skin side down) on the pan.
- Fry for 5-6 minutes and allow the skin to crisp. Then, flip the salmon over and pour in the coconut cream, bouillon and spinach. Gently stir the sauce around the salmon (be careful not to break up the salmon flesh).
- Once the sauce begins to simmer, serve and garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice. Enjoy!
Salmon is one of the most nutrient-dense foods. It is full of heart healthy long chain omega-3 fatty acids and DHA which is essential for brain health.
Wild caught fatty fish help decrease inflammation, lower blood pressure and improve cognitive function and repair.
Salmon is high in protein and rich in a plethora of vitamins and minerals: Vitamin D, B12, B3, B6 Tryptophan, Selenium, Choline, Potassium and Phosphorous.
Let us know how your recipes turn out!